Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in Data Science for Software Engineering
Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu, Estonia
Applications are invited for a permanent position of Postdoctoral Research Fellow at the Software Engineering Research Group, Institute of Computer Science, University of Tartu.
The successful candidate will carry a leading role in the development of novel data-driven decision support methods and prototypical tools to support a range of software engineering activities related to software product and quality management.
The position will be linked to a group of four PhD students working on the following topics:
- Analysis of online user feedback on software products to enhance software testing processes
- Development of a data-driven recommender system for risk-based GUI test automation
- Topic and opinion mining for requirements elicitation and prioritization in the context of open innovation
- Application of software analytics to produce greener software products
Depending on his/her interests, the candidate will be given the opportunity to co-supervise PhD candidates in their thesis research.
Applicants must have a PhD in Computer Science / Software Engineering or a related discipline, or be close to completing a PhD. The following profile is expected:
- Documented research expertise in at least two of the following areas: software test automation, software requirements engineering, data analytics in software engineering, and the application of machine learning techniques to software engineering decision problems.
- At least one accepted publication in one of the following top-ranked software engineering journals is mandatory: IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, ACM Transactions on Software Engineering Methodology, Information and Software Technology, Journal of Systems and Software, or Empirical Software Engineering.
- Documented experience in supervising MSc students.
- Commitment, team working, and critical mind.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English are mandatory.
Experience in building research prototypes and working in collaborative research environments is highly desirable.
The position is permanent and has the potential to be the start into a successful academic carrier by preparing the grounds to future applications for Senior Researcher and Assistant/Associate Professor positions. Remuneration will be 2400 euros/month. Estonia applies a flat income tax of 20% on salaries and provides public health insurance for employees.
The successful applicant will be expected to start during Spring 2017.
Deadline for submitting applications is 01-February-2017. Details about the formal submission procedure can be found here: http://www.ut.ee/en/welcome/job-offer/research-fellow-software-engineering
If you have further questions, please contact Assoc. Prof. Dietmar Pfahl via e-mail (firstname dot lastname at ut.ee)