Software Engineering Group @ University of Tartu
The Software Engineering Group at University of Tartu's Institute of Computer Science conducts research and teaching in the field of software engineering with an emphasis on business process management and service-oriented computing. The group is also engaged in the Software Technology and Applications Competence Center - an industry-driven R&D that aims to develop next-generation solutions in the fields of data mining and software services.
The group is also responsible for the International Masters of Software Engineering and a number of software engineering courses at the undergraduate level.
- 06.03.2014. The SE group is now member of the International Software Engineering Research Network (ISERN). Contact: Dietmar Pfahl. Info on ISERN can be found here (link).
- 10.02.2014. Call for interest: PhD position in Software Engineering
- 02.12.2013. Two new vacancies: Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow in Software Engineering
- 01.11.2013. Dietmar Pfahl visited the Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS) in Beijing, China, and gave a lecture titled “The Role of Empirical Studies in Software Engineering”. (link)
- 17.10.2013. Venia legendi by Luciano García-Bañuelos on the topic 'Structuring business process models: methods and applications'. (video]
- 15.10.2013. Venia legendi by Manuel Mazzara on the topic 'Polidoxa: a Trust-oriented Social Platform for Quality Information Retrieval'. (video)
- 28.08.2013. Our paper Slice, Mine and Dice: Complexity-Aware Automated Discovery of Business Process Models has won the best paper award at the 11th International Conference on Business Process Management (read details)
- 16.06.2013. The team is offering a free one-day introductory course on BPM on 10 October 2013 in Tallinn. Advance registration is required - places are limited. More info.
- 31.05.2013. Marlon Dumas delivers keynote on Discovering Business Rules from Event Logs at the Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems.
- 01.03.2013. Our book Fundamentals of Business Process Management is now available. Check also our online course on Business Process Management.
- 19.01.2012. Paper on Business Process Model Merging accepted for publication in ACM TOSEM.
- 20.10.2011. The paper "UML Activity Diagrams as a Workflow Specification Language" by Marlon Dumas and Arthur ter Hofstede was awarded the Ten-Year Most Influential Paper Award at the MODELS'2011 Conference
- 19.10.2011. Research on server allocation models led by Michele Mazzuco has been featured in an eWeek magazine article.
- 15.10.2010. Keynote talk on Structuring Process Models by Marlon Dumas at the BPMN'2010 workshop is now available online.
- 15.09.2010. Congratulations to Luciano García-Bañuelos whose paper "Structuring Acyclic Process Models" won the best paper award at the BPM'2010 conference.
- PhD Student Positions
- Vacancy: Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow in Software Engineering (deadline: 1 February 2014)