Software Engineering Group @ University of Tartu
The Software Engineering Group at University of Tartu's Institute of Computer Science conducts research and teaching in the field of software engineering with an emphasis on business process management and software process improvement.
In addition to implementing national and European research projects, the group is engaged in the Software Technology and Applications Competence Center - an industry-driven R&D that aims to develop next-generation solutions in the fields of data mining and software services.
The group is also responsible for the International Masters of Software Engineering and a number of software engineering courses at the undergraduate level.
- 12.10.2015 - MOOC on Fundamentals of Business Process Management featuring Marlon Dumas, starts today.
- 02.09.2015. Fabrizio Maggi won the best paper award at the BPM'2015 conference for his paper "Ensuring Model Consistency in Declarative Process Discovery" (paper co-authored with Claudio Di Ciccio and Jan Mendling from Vienna University of Business and Economics, and Marco Montali from University of Bozen-Bolzano).
- 31.08.2015. Anna Leontyeva, Karl-Oskar Masing and Irene Teinemaa won the "Student Award" at the 2015 Business Process Intelligence Challenge (BPIC).
- 10.08.2015. Our group will present three research papers at the BPM'2015 conference:
- 24.06.2015. Marlon Dumas's keynote at the Petri Nets'2015 conference on Youtube: Process Mining Reloaded (check also the companion paper).
- 03.09.2014. Our PhD student Abel Armas-Cervantes won the best student paper award at the BPM'2014 conference for his paper "Behavioral Comparison of Process Models Based on Canonically Reduced Event Structures".
- 05.08.2014. The SE group will host the 2015 issue of the International Conference on Software and Systems Process (ICSSP 2015) in Tallinn, 24-26 August, 2015.
- 06.03.2014. The SE group is now member of the International Software Engineering Research Network (ISERN). Contact: Dietmar Pfahl. Info on ISERN can be found here (link).
- 10.02.2014. Call for interest: PhD position in Software Engineering
- 02.12.2013. Two new vacancies: Research Fellow and Senior Research Fellow in Software Engineering
- 01.11.2013. Dietmar Pfahl visited the Institute of Software Chinese Academy of Sciences (ISCAS) in Beijing, China, and gave a lecture titled “The Role of Empirical Studies in Software Engineering”. (link)
- 17.10.2013. Venia legendi by Luciano García-Bañuelos on the topic 'Structuring business process models: methods and applications'. (video]
- 15.10.2013. Venia legendi by Manuel Mazzara on the topic 'Polidoxa: a Trust-oriented Social Platform for Quality Information Retrieval'. (video)
- 28.08.2013. Our paper Slice, Mine and Dice: Complexity-Aware Automated Discovery of Business Process Models has won the best paper award at the 11th International Conference on Business Process Management (read details)
- 16.06.2013. The team is offering a free one-day introductory course on BPM on 10 October 2013 in Tallinn. Advance registration is required - places are limited. More info.
- 31.05.2013. Marlon Dumas delivers keynote on Discovering Business Rules from Event Logs at the Brazilian Symposium on Information Systems.
- 01.03.2013. Our book Fundamentals of Business Process Management is now available. Check also our online course on Business Process Management.
- 20.10.2011. The paper "UML Activity Diagrams as a Workflow Specification Language" by Marlon Dumas and Arthur ter Hofstede was awarded the Ten-Year Most Influential Paper Award at the MODELS'2011 Conference